Optimizing Loading Performance
All SingleStroke's themes are built using the best practice to ensure you have best loading performance on your website. But there are many factors why your website runs slow and most of them are caused by non-theme factors, like:
- Your hosting specifications. A slow hosting or standard shared hosting usually runs slower than a dedicated server / VPS server. If your website traffic is growing high, we suggest you to migrate to better server.
- Your huge media files. It's a common sense that loading huge images sizes would take more bandwidth, which means more loading time. We suggest you to read the "recommended image / video size" article on each theme's article directory.
- Other plugins. There are chances you are using other plugins other than what we recommend and they might get you errors or slowing down your website performance.
- Non-optimized. By default WordPress needs some configurations to really make it runs faster. Those include the use of caching modules, minifying resource files, and other optimizations.
There are some plugins out there that work really well for WordPress optimizations. We have been using these plugins on our demo site, and it works well with our themes (with correct configurations). Plugins we recommend are:
WP Fastest Cache configurations
There is FREE and PRO version of the plugin, the FREE plugin works well and is enough for standard optimizations. If you have the FREE version installed, you can copy these configurations on your own setting page:
You should pay attention to Autoptimize configurations. Wrong configurations could lead to site errors. We suggest you to only enable the safe basic options unless you know what you are doing exactly. The basic options are:
- Optimize HTML Code?
- Optimize CSS Code?
- Save aggregated script/css as static files?